- Go to the Zoom website and sign into your Zoom account. If you do not have an account, you may sign up for a free account.
- Click on “host a meeting” or “new meeting.” From the Home tab, click “with video on” and the meeting room will open. You will need a webcam or a camera on your laptop/monitor for this to work.
- Click “Join Audio” to activate your mic.
- Make sure your “record” button is activated so it will record your presentation.
- If you are using PowerPoint slides or any other presentation software:
- Make sure you have them up on your desktop
- When you are ready to begin referring to your slides, click on “share screen” on the bottom toolbar in Zoom
- You will see a green border around the screen that is being shared
- Select the image with the green border that you want to share
- Click “share screen” again in the bottom right corner. If you are using a computer with two monitors, move the image to the monitor with zoom on the desktop
- When your presentation is finished, click “stop recording” in the More menu. Upload the video when submitting your presentation.
For Poster Presenters
If you are using a PDF of your poster, follow the instructions
above for screen-sharing. As you present your poster, you will want to
zoom into the section you are discussing.
- Go into your document and click on “zoom” (with the magnifying glass) under the view tab at the top of your screen
- Click on 200%. You can then move around on your document as you discuss it